The Write Better Newsletters Course
Price: NZ$ 595 / £ 345 / R 5495
BUSINESS & GRAMMAR
Write Better Newsletters Course
Need to Write Professional Newsletters for Your Company?
Learn to write attention-grabbing newsletters that people want to read
The Write Better Newsletters Course is perfect for anyone who needs to compile content for their mailing list. Whether you’re creating an in-house work newsletter or targeting an external audience, you will learn how to produce compelling content that will draw in your readers and grow your subscriber lists.
This course is also perfect for employees who wish to submit newsletter articles and don’t know how to get started.
The Write Better Newsletters Course Gives You...
Create Interesting and Inspiring Newsletters for Your Work Community
Master writing techniques and tools to help you engage and hold your reader's attention
This course will teach you to:
- understand the purpose of your work newsletter
- come up with great ideas for newsletter articles
- do effective research and interviews
- plan and structure your article according to a winning formula
- write for your reader – tone, style and word choice
- add colour to your writing
- work on pace, logical flow and entertaining the reader
- edit for grammar, punctuation and repetition
- add sidebars and images for effect
- tie up the loose ends and submit your article
'I can highly recommend the Write Better Newsletters Course. My mentor Susan Williams provided excellent feedback and I learnt a lot. Practising how to make otherwise boring newsletter content engaging was especially beneficial. Due to Susan, our company’s quarterly newsletter has definitively improved.'
Tanja Wijnen, Write Better Newsletters Course
Start your course at any time – applications open all year round.
Price includes GST/VAT
Other currencies will be converted at time of invoice
NUMBER OF ASSIGNMENTS
The assignments vary in length.
NUMBER OF MODULES
These modules include around 60 pages of course notes.
Work at your own pace – up to a maximum of three months.
START DATE: ANYTIME
Working with an individual tutor means you can start the course at any time.
Basic writing skills are essential. Computer skills, e-mail and Internet access required. No previous tertiary qualification required.
Tutor for this course
Understand the Purpose and Style of Business Newsletters
- Understand the purpose and function of the corporate newsletter
- Understand the role of the editor
- Understand the different articles within a corporate newsletter
- Understand the tone, style and content of different newsletter articles
- Find out how to come up with good ideas for articles
- Learn how to do a professional interview
Create an Excellent Newsletter Article
- Understand the different components of an article
- Know how to write an effective opener
- Learn the importance of logical flow, balance, paragraphing and pace in the article middle
- Know how to write an effective closer
- Get some additional style tips
Writing Tips for Business Newsletters
- Words that are best avoided
- Know the most common grammar errors and how to avoid them
- Know the rules of punctuation
- Know how to write an effective sidebar
- Understand the importance of the editing process
What Our Students Say
The course was interesting, well laid out and achievable. My tutor assisted a great deal in adapting the course to meet my specific needs. This was very much appreciated. Overall, The Writers College gave a very professional service that was easy to use, and the results of doing their course are evident!
I found the course very informative. I highly recommend the course to everyone responsible for writing articles for newsletters. I liked the approach to the assignments. The fact that I had a deadline motivated me to structure my time in order to complete them. The assignments were practical and challenging. Susan was extremely friendly and helpful. Her honest praise, feedback and critique was much appreciated. She went the extra mile wherever possible. The course exceeded my expectations. The material inspired me with many ideas for our company newsletter, and I have obtained positive feedback from colleagues as to the improvement of my writing skills. I used to see writing as a daunting task and honestly did not know how to approach writing an article. Now I view it as exciting and am motivated to push myself to write good articles for my company. Studying a hands-on, practical course specific to my requirements through The Writers College was a pleasant and gratifying experience.
The course was well-structured and informative. Susan was very efficient; she marked each module quickly, and her feedback was positive and very useful. The course gave me a different perspective and insight into newsletter writing.
Practicing how to make otherwise boring newsletter content engaging was especially beneficial. Due to Susan, our company’s quarterly newsletter has definitively improved!
I thoroughly enjoyed it and am actually signing up for the journalism course - can only mean bigger and better things! Very professional and I loved this. Thanks. The professional way in which this course was managed was impressive and I am privileged to have completed this course through The Writer's College.
Get These Additional Benefits
Risk-Free 100% Money-Back Guarantee
We are so confident that you will love your course that if you’re not 100% satisfied with the quality of our training, simply ask for a refund within 30 days.
Complete the Application Form to Enrol on the Write Better Newsletters Course
You will receive an approval email and invoice within one working day.
Questions? We've Got Answers
Detailed course notes covering the content of each module will be emailed to you. At the end of each module, you will be required to complete several writing exercises. Once a writing assignment has been completed and emailed to your tutor, you will receive an assessment and feedback, and the module will be considered complete.
Absolutely. You have direct communication with your tutor for the duration of the course. The more questions you ask, the more you will get out of the course.
You will get lifetime access to the course, and you’ll benefit from all future updates and improvements to the course.
For the majority of our courses, only your tutor will see your work. Your work will remain completely private unless you get it published. In the journalism courses, your work might be published in the public domain, but you do have the final say as to whether or not it is published.
You will receive a Writers College Certificate upon successful completion of the course, provided you meet the following conditions:
- You must have completed all module assignments.
- The course must have been completed within three months of registration.
- A minimum average of 50% must be achieved.
- Basic writing skills are essential.
- Basic computer skills, as well as email and Internet access are required.
- No previous tertiary qualification is required.
Because you will work with an individual tutor, you can apply for a course and start as soon as you want to. There are no specific start dates as would be the case with a traditional college.
An application is usually approved within one working day. Once we see proof of payment, your course will start.
You could be starting your course today!
- Reading time: 4 hours
- Writing time: 10 hours
Once your application has been approved, you will receive notice of approval and an invoice via email. As soon as we see proof of payment, you will receive the first module. We will also send you your tutor’s email address and your login details. Your tutor will also be in touch to welcome you.
Any work you create on our courses is owned by you. We will never make a claim to anything you produce. We follow the rule that copyright subsists with the creator (you).